Milkwood in a (video) nutshell

So just what is Milkwood? Who are we? What do we do? And why do we do it? All the answers, in a  nutshell, are in this video…

This summary of Milkwood was made last season during our forest garden design intensive with Dave Jacke. We feel it really captures the spirit of what we’re doing. Do you like it?

1307 milkwood vid - 22

A big and massive huzzah to Jimmy and Dillon, the fabulous folk from Meanwhile Outside who showed up and happily embedded themselves in the seasonal flow of Milkwood Farm to make this video. It captures a really special moment in time for us – lots of beautiful faces in there.

We would like to take a second at this point to thank all the wild and wonderful teachers and students that we’ve met over the past 5 years – at Milkwood Farm, in Sydney, and everywhere inbetween.

It’s been amazing to be a part of a groundswell of people dedicated to teaching and learning how to regenerate our cities, our landscapes and our everyday skill base, even in the face of a world out of balance.

We feel like we live in an amazing time.

Many of the realities of our world are so super-screwed right now, for so many people. And at the same time, it’s impossible not to be optimistic when you see the awesome work being done by so many to regenerate landscapes,  food supplies, water supplies and communty futures.

Thanks to you all for the work that you do. Let’s keep going.

And maybe see you at Milkwood Farm this season? There’s lots of incredible learning happening here…

And now that you’ve seen our video, go and check out the rest of Meanwhile Outside’s work for more amazing projects and folks we love doing good stuff…

1307 milkwood vid - 01

1307 milkwood vid - 24

1. Posted July 29, 2013 at 7:10 am | Permalink | Reply

It looks like an amazing place!

2. Posted July 29, 2013 at 8:48 am | Permalink | Reply

I am inspired, thank you for this beautiful video and for everything you do so well x

3. Carmen
    Posted July 29, 2013 at 10:10 am | Permalink | Reply

Your enterprise is my dream… I don’t know a thing about farming, but I’m sure going to learn. I love reading your blogs, resources and watching your videos. Brilliant! x

4. Posted July 29, 2013 at 6:18 pm | Permalink | Reply

Good stuff. I like the ‘creating abundance’ line.

5. Victoria Salkeld
    Posted July 30, 2013 at 9:02 pm | Permalink | Reply

What a beautiful and inspiring video! You guys are constantly amazing. We are following in your footsteps and treading lightly on the earth. Love your work.

6. Gavin Noble
    Posted August 5, 2013 at 3:45 am | Permalink | Reply

I actually got chills while watching that! It was that inspiring! Thank you for the continued inspiration all the way across the pond.

7. Jennie Curtis
    Posted August 6, 2013 at 11:20 am | Permalink | Reply

Nice one Kirsten and Nick. I think the video has captured the essence of Milkwood.

8. Posted August 6, 2013 at 11:48 am | Permalink | Reply

U guys rock!
    great vid and told me lots about ur project that I kind of half knew but then wasn’t sure.
    I’m inspired!

9. Keith Dickson
    Posted August 6, 2013 at 1:00 pm | Permalink | Reply

A
    great story told here… pity that the video wont play properly to allow me to see it through… a little bit of NBN fibre wouldnt go astray up your way eh? Rejoice in your lifestyle folks!

10. Sonia
    Posted August 6, 2013 at 1:45 pm | Permalink | Reply

Wow! I’m green (with envy). You are living my dream. Thank you for the video. I’ve been reading your emails for quite some time (and just love them) and I will eventually get there for a course :)

11. Posted August 6, 2013 at 9:10 pm | Permalink | Reply

Fabulous, inspiring video that wonderfully captures the goodness of Milkwood! Keep up the amazing work xx
    Ally and rich

12. carolion
    Posted August 11, 2013 at 10:59 am | Permalink | Reply

Hi, nice video. I didn’t realize you had sheep, what sort are they? Wiltipolls?