Seed Circus: 5 May: Sydney

seed circus 500

Roll up, roll up! Do you want to learn about seed saving? Or foraging for edible weeds?

Do you want to swap your way from a scarf to chilli sauce? How about swapping your way from bean seeds to bicycle parts, via seed potatoes?

Join us at the inaugural Seed Circus – a day of learning, swapping, eating and meeting interesting people. Come when you like. Go when you must. Chomp on free organic popcorn inbetween, and learn to make seedballs while you’re there…

Free workshop schedule will be released shortly… in the meantime, texta in the date and start amassing your seeds, sauce and other swappables. Everyone welcome.

This event is part of Milkwood’s Fair Share and is also a part of International Permaculture Day….

if you’re too far flung to attend the Seed Circus, check out the Permaculture Day website with what is happening in your hood…

We hope to see y’all there!

Poster by the delicious and incredible FarmRun – you know, the crew who made those exquisite Farmstead Meatsmith videos…

1. David
    Posted April 11, 2013 at 5:56 am | Permalink | Reply

Can’t make this one, Manchester UK to Sydney is a bit far for a nice day out..LoL. When do you anticipate doing the next one?

Hope it’s all well with the family.

2. heather krcha
    Posted April 11, 2013 at 6:01 am | Permalink | Reply

I so love this and dearly wish we could attend!! I hope it’s wonderful and I will be thinking of y’all stateside :)

Warmly,

Heather Krcha 816.806.5106

3. fraseroldmillroad
    Posted April 11, 2013 at 6:31 am | Permalink | Reply

OOO is this the day after the TedX thing? I think we’ll make the trip! Very Nice poster. X

• Posted April 11, 2013 at 7:36 am | Permalink | Reply

Wanna present a workshop? Braiding garlic? :)

• fraseroldmillroad
        Posted April 11, 2013 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Ha, I’m not that skilful and theres no long stem garlic around here to practice on, it’s all in the ground apart from the winter store. What else?

4. Steph Medway
    Posted April 11, 2013 at 6:37 am | Permalink | Reply

I really get a little thrill when I hear your email come thru. I so enjoy your daily posts at 6am. Luv what u do, freely promoting the ethics of Permaculture, your skills and activities. Great story… all the best to you and family and crew. :)

5. Posted April 11, 2013 at 11:40 am | Permalink | Reply

I LOVE your poster…..did you design it?
    Sorry can’t be there as this would be the most beautiful birthday celebration to nourish my soul and senses :-)
    I’ve been collecgting, bagging and labelling echinacea, yellow dutch iris, fennel, garlic chives, apples, pears, quinces and basil over past couple of weeks and I feel very satisfied gazing upon all this stored energy……quietly waiting to be unleashed when we move to the farm.
    Love, laughing and local feasting to everyone,

6. allen
    Posted April 11, 2013 at 8:36 pm | Permalink | Reply

Hi like my other friend in UK , I am in Mauritius and very far and wished I could follow the workshop. Keep it up .

Allen

7. Posted April 12, 2013 at 6:37 am | Permalink | Reply

Oh MAN I wish I lived on the mainland :(

8. Posted April 12, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Permalink | Reply

wonderful! Looking forward to it. I have some lovely winter seeds to swap, far too many for me to use.

9. Posted April 12, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Permalink | Reply

Fantastic! Will be there. Thanks.

10. Constanza
    Posted April 16, 2013 at 11:39 am | Permalink | Reply

What an awesome project. Have lots of seeds but I think it’s illegal to mail overseas. Blessings.

11. Posted April 20, 2013 at 8:40 pm | Permalink | Reply

This sounds awesome! Count me in!

1. By Seed Circus | The Garden ScoutThe Garden Scout on April 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm

[...] for a Farm Run America”) which uses a combination of hand lettering and photography.  Seed Circus sounds like an amazing event [...]

2. [...] marinating in the fabulous complexity of Sydney (and scattering postcards for our upcoming Seed Circus far and wide), then this afternoon it’s back to the farm on the train; to family, fresh eggs [...]

3. By Seed Circus on May 2, 2013 at 3:33 pm

[...] To give you an introduction to what seed saving is all about, Sydney’s Milkwood are hosting Seed Circus this Sunday, May 5th in Redfern as part of International Permaculture Day. Though this gorgeous [...]